A downloadable asset pack
THIS IS A BETA RELEASE. PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS OR CRASHES
Tanktop is an in-game terminal for GameMaker Studio that allows you to modify your game during runtime. Other terminals lack specific functionality, require commands to be entered in tedious ways, and crash constantly. As a result, tanktop was created to be versatile, modular, and fail-safe.
***Please report any crashes so that I can further improve stability.***
Why Use A Terminal?
An in game terminal allows you to interface with your game directly without having to recompile your code, and for larger projects, this results in a substantial amount of time saved.
- Full Keyboard Shortcut Support
- Command History
- Watch Multiple Vars Simultaneously
- Move and Delete Watch Objects
- Track Most Used Commands For Better Suggestions
- Save Terminal History and Most Used Commands Between Sessions
- Create Objects
- Destroy Objects
- Set Object Vars
- Get Object Vars
- Watch Object Vars
- Room Functions: restart, goto, next, previous
- Window Functions: fullscreen, resize, center
How To Use:
- Install Local Package
- Press F1 to Open & Close Terminal
- Press Esc to also Close Terminal
- If any bugs arise, close and open the terminal to reset it.
- Mac Bug: Terminal history does not save on game exit. Terminal must be manually closed in order to save history.
- Mac Bug: Some issues with keyboard shortcuts not working on mac.
- Layer Operations
- Script, Sprite, and Layer Autocomplete
- Customize Terminal Properties
- Execute Scripts Directly Inside Terminal
- Execute Commands x Number of Times
- Mac Bug Fixes
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.